I was just listening to Elton John sing "Rocket man" and couldn't help but laugh when he said he missed his wife. Has he actually ever been married? I just looked up in wikipedia to find out, and turns out his middle name is "Hercules". You crack me up, Herc. Okay, looks like he was married in 1984 for a few years. My bad. Here's a picture of his wedding day. Ha ha. Anyway, I really like Elton John. His music is amazing. And I'm pretty sure he likes me too. Ok, I'll stop. Seriously, though, I do like his music.
Good thing the girls were gone on Sunday, because we were just about the only house on our block that didn't have any power! This was way after it rained, so I don't know what actually caused it, but I looked out the window and what do I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. I also see that my neighbors have power! Of course! There's not much to do when you don't have electricity. I didn't want to open the fridge because I had no idea when the power would get turned on, I couldn't cook anything because our stove is electric, and I couldn't read because for me to see the words, the candle would have to be in my face. I went on a walk, hoping to see others in the same predicament that I was in (I'm such a nice guy!), went to El Chico to eat since I didn't want to eat potato chips for dinner, and then I pretty much stared at the wall until the power came back on. At least I THINK I was staring at the wall. It was dark so I couldn't tell. The funny thing is that I kept thinking to myself that having the power off for six hours kept me from getting anything done. Then I think of what I would have done if the power had been on the whole time, and it would pretty much have been the same thing, except I would have been staring at the TV instead of the wall. And I definitely would not have gone on a walk. So I guess having the power turned off was a good thing, assuming that exercise is good. Has that been actually proven? I'm a little skeptical.


7 comments:
YOU WENT TO EL CHICO's??? You left THAT part out! Apostate! At least you went to church...but then that got cancelled out b/c you ate out! And please don't tell the public that you love Elton John, its embarassing. :)
I love his music! You don't listen. Now I know where Aubree gets her wax buildup from. Plus, I DID tell you that I went to get something to eat. I didn't know you wanted to know the ingredients of my food and what temperature they preheated the oven to. And for all you know, El Chico could be the nickname I gave our pantry. Bet you didn't think of that, huh?
You guys are just too much! Hi-lar-eee-ous!
Yeah...but El Chico's thats not like Taco Bell or anything...thats like, sit down-take your order-leave a tip-kinda eatin'! Plus...is their food good, did it suck?? THESE ARE THINGS I NEED TO KNOW....and you just carelessly left them out....hmph!
If you love Elton John's music then you LOVE HIM...duh, cause its HIS music...so therefore...HIM!!!
Just be careful what you say :) thats all I'm asking!
YOU NEED TO POST SOMETHING NEW! WE ARE ALL TIRED OF SEEING ELTON JOHN!!
Whatever...I don't see YOU around anywhere. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
I LOVE THIS!!!! I remember hearing his music as a little kid, realizing that rang untrue somehow, and asking my mother why he was married to a lady...ha.
xo AG
Post a Comment